1. Technology has caused a major shift in influence. Today, one employee can have more influence, and also consumer trust than their entire organization.
2. People are tired of being sold. In business marketing, we have moved away from humanizing objects to influencing people with other people who they know, like, and trust. Individuals who want to build an influential personal brand can use the know-like-trust formula.
3. Everyone has a brand, but most people don’t manage it strategically, effectively, or consistently. Individuals who have a well-defined personal brand usually generate increased value for their company, whether they work for themselves or someone else.
4. Your personal brand is the most powerful tool you have to accomplish your goals. A branding strategy is essential to success in fundraising, growing a business, or changing careers.
5. Branding is no longer about companies trying to manage our perception. Today, it’s about people creating and sharing human experiences.
The future of branding is personal.